Prenatal Massage: Pregnancy Treatments for Expecting Mothers
Pregnancy is a beautiful time, but it’s also a physically demanding process for a woman’s body. It can cause pain, discomfort, and numerous physical conditions. Luckily, these symptoms can be improved with massage. At Unity Massage in Winnipeg, our registered massage therapists offer special prenatal massages geared towards mothers.
Pregnancy Massages for Expectant Mothers
When you’re expecting a child, you quickly undergo massive physical and emotional changes. These developments can have serious ramifications for your body. Our prenatal massages have a range of benefits, including:
- Reduced swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Lessening of sciatic pain
- Less muscular discomfort in areas like the lower back, neck and calves cramps
- Helps with tension and muscle tightening
- Tones loose muscles, relaxes tense muscles and helps increase flexibility
- Helps with relaxation, which can decrease insomnia
- Increases blood and lymph flow, which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Eases fatigue
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes up to 10-15% after a massage
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, into the brain and nervous system
- Helps relieve anxiety or depression
- Helps to increase blood circulation, which helps to deliver more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby
After pregnancy, our massages continue to be valuable for new mothers. Massage can be used during and after the birth to make the experience easier and more comfortable, and it can ease the postnatal stress that mothers often feel.
To inquire about our prenatal massage services, contact Unity Massage today.